Research and Innovation Bangladesh Foundation (RnI Bangladesh)
In the context of rapid economic changes and emerging challenges of globalization industry and academia need deeper collaboration to promote industry
demand driven research in Bangladesh. Though various research works are being conducted at different levels, there are still a huge coordination gap
between academia and industry resulting in low degree of focus on industry demand driven research. In order to forge stronger collaboration between
industry and academia to address real life industrial and economic needs, Dhaka Chamber of Commerce & Industry (DCCI), the leading Chamber in Bangladesh has
established an independent entity-“Research and Innovation Bangladesh Foundation (RnI Bangladesh)”. RnI Bangladesh is the pioneer in the country in bridging the
industry-academia gap through engaging industry, academia and researchers in the economic arena to unveil new and improved way of thinking especially bringing the
industry centric research.
RnI Bangladesh is a non-government, non-profitable, non-partisan, voluntary, research oriented and social development organization duly
registered in office of the Registrar of Joint Stock Companies and Firms (RJSCF) under the Societies Registration Act, 1860. The Registered
Office of the RnI Bangladesh is situated at DCCI Building (1st Floor), 65-66 Motijheel C/A, Dhaka-1000, Bangladesh.
Objectives of RnI Bangladesh
- To conduct research and promote innovation for creating equal economic opportunity and inclusive economic growth.
- To forge collaboration between industry and academia to bridge the research gap and to promote industry oriented learning, innovation and research culture in Bangladesh.
- To conduct policy research relating to trade, industry, business, service, agriculture, skill development, Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), social and economic development.
- To analyze the macro-economic indicators including trade, investment, industrial productivity, access to technology and social issues like health and education etc.
- To conduct study on economic affairs, implication of fiscal policy and monetary policy on Private sector and on the economic shift and dynamics that can facilitate designing future business plans.
- To publish various economic reports on quarterly/periodic performance of the economy by conducting sector-specific studies including cross-country analysis regarding trade, investment and country competitiveness.
- To conduct training and capacity building programs and promote the application of cutting edge research techniques and appropriate methodologies in scientific and economic research to develop human and institutional capacities within the academia, private sector and government institutions..
- To implement projects and programs to create benefits of the society.
- To design, advocate, and implement strategies/policies to address the investment climate opportunities in business.
- To conduct workshops, policy dialogues, conferences and public lectures to facilitate better policy and regulatory outcomes.